Today I begin my research study tour.
The question? So much promise in a question, that element of surprise, so many possibilities, so many unknown ideas… Research for me will be discovering
Focus of the research study
The focus will investigate what “Principals and school leaders” do (skills and professional practices), that build students who are 21st century global learners. What affect could this have on school improvement, if any, for the NSW Public school context?
First stop LA, visiting UCLA, CalTech University and interviewing Principals about what they do.
· Use of Champions and Mentoring systems.
· Resource management
· Professional Experience, Educational and professional Leadership
· Personal Qualities
· Use of technology and expertise in the personal use of learning devices and technologies for learning. Personal use of emerging technologies in leadership and the use of social media and social networking such as Facebook, twitter etc.
· System reform and support for 21st century learners
· Focus on Pedagogy and Quality teaching.
· Leadership practices and skills for change
Keep you posted!